At Brooke Orthodontics, we’re always excited about meeting new patients at the first visit to our office. This important 30-minute visit will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will address specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient’s specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
We will then schedule the next appointment as required. If treatment should be planned now, the next appointment will be orthodontic records. The records include X-rays, photographs and impressions for study models and are necessary for developing the appropriate treatment plan. This additional appointment will last approximately one hour. We will also schedule another appointment to discuss the records findings; including treatment options, time frames and financial arrangements.
We want to ensure that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Your chief concerns
- Any significant medical history
- Let us know if there has been a panoramic X-ray taken within the past year.
Thank You For Choosing Brooke Orthodontics.